Football season is starting. Yay for many… moans for some. Regardless of whether you
like football or not, there are so many ideas and lessons to be learned from life, including
in sports. Recently, I heard some television commentators talking about a quarterback,
saying, “He will do well because he believes what the coach is selling.” This statement
caused me to pause and ask myself, “What am I selling to the clergy and laity of the
South Georgia Conference?”
The following are some immediate thoughts:
1. Believers in Jesus Christ should be committed to seeing a world that looks like Jesus Christ. Our parent vision is Growing a Christlike World.
2. We should focus on the mission of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
3. The greatest demonstration of discipleship is through the love we show one another which will repel personal power issues, jealousy, envy, unresolved anger and hurt.
4. Every disciple of Jesus Christ and every congregation should develop a Disciple Plan.
5. A healthy Disciple Plan includes the Ten Timeless Values.
6. Every able believer should be in a CLU where the love of Jesus is experienced weekly, discipleship is supported, and witnessing is emphasized to grow the Kingdom of God.
7. A Five Star Loving Accountability System (LAS) includes a focus on self-care (Sabbath).