The Extended Cabinet and Appointive Cabinet met with the Transition Team for a listening session on Tuesday. Many good ideas were shared and concerns were raised that will guide the work of the team in the future.
The Bishop invites you to follow his tweets at www.twitter.com/BishopJamesKing.
Bishop Kings says: “I am excited about new and fresh ways to share my thoughts with you as a bishop. In addition to the Annual Conference session, the Advocate (www.sgaumc.com/advocate), the Bishop’s Hour, and clergy and laity days in the district, I’ve created this blog and am “tweeting” on Twitter. These are some new ways I have chosen to share my thoughts with you.
I love capturing ministry activities through pictures and sometimes will share with you as well. Follow me as I tweet at www.twitter.com/BishopJamesKing.”
The new book by Bishop James King highlights the impact of Christlike Love Units at work in the life of a believer. We all need Love. The CLU is a group focused on building a better way to meet the needs of individuals in your congregation and life. Learn more from this resource today! Order from the <ahref=”http://bishopking.org/store/products/8198″>store.</a>
Football season is starting. Yay for many… moans for some. Regardless of whether you
like football or not, there are so many ideas and lessons to be learned from life, including
in sports. Recently, I heard some television commentators talking about a quarterback,
saying, “He will do well because he believes what the coach is selling.” This statement
caused me to pause and ask myself, “What am I selling to the clergy and laity of the
South Georgia Conference?”
The following are some immediate thoughts:
1. Believers in Jesus Christ should be committed to seeing a world that looks like Jesus Christ. Our parent vision is Growing a Christlike World.
2. We should focus on the mission of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
3. The greatest demonstration of discipleship is through the love we show one another which will repel personal power issues, jealousy, envy, unresolved anger and hurt.
4. Every disciple of Jesus Christ and every congregation should develop a Disciple Plan.
5. A healthy Disciple Plan includes the Ten Timeless Values.
6. Every able believer should be in a CLU where the love of Jesus is experienced weekly, discipleship is supported, and witnessing is emphasized to grow the Kingdom of God.
7. A Five Star Loving Accountability System (LAS) includes a focus on self-care (Sabbath).